With Jay recovering from back surgery the kids and I are still adjusting to having him around a lot. He has come in handy on helping me taxi the kids around. He is recovering very well and we feel blessed for that.
Last weekend we moved out of our lovely home and downsized into a gorgeous home in Verrado. It took us a week to settle in and get things up and running. So far we are enjoying ourselves and getting to know our surroundings better. A HUGE thank you to all the mighty men and young men who helped load up all our gear! We couldn't have done it without you.
The boys waiting for some ice cream after pictures.
The kids have been enjoying swimming on the swim team. Brock has continued to swim for conditioning and plays basketball in the summer and was invited to play with the varsity team during weekend tournaments. It has been a great experience and to send a message to the coach to let him know what he is made of. Drake is our major swimmer and is constantly competing with his two buddies on the team who are good as well to get first place. I still can't commit to do all year round swimming! So much time involved, besides him staying out of trouble what is the other purpose for it? Madie just enjoys getting different colors of ribbons and likes to do what the boys are doing. This year I hope to get her into basketball.
Picture day! Drake and his buddies.
Madie posing for me on picture day
Next month I start training for my job and I have started boot camp as well. Its been wonderful getting up 3 times a week at 5 in the morning to feel the cool breeze before it gets to hot. However, my hip has flared up to the point I needed to get it checked out. Waiting to hear back on the results.
Before we know it summer will be over with! You know the saying 'time flies by when your having fun'. I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July! We will miss lighting our own fireworks this year...
2 comments:
Congrats on a newer house! Too bad about your hip..I hope it just needs some rest. Good luck with the 4th and the travel to Idaho. Feel free to stop by...we live in Coral canyon just seconds off the I 15.
Idaho missed you on the 4th! It was nice and cool here. We sat on the hillside at Bart's Field wrapped in blankets. It was beautiful. I hope you had a great time. Post some pictures of your house!
Post a Comment