Okay Sally, you wanted an update and I am delivering. After this picture it won't be as bad I promise! About a week after Jay's surgery I got the camera out to create the historic moment of his scars and surgery. Amazing what technology will do these days! The upper part that is one inch is where they put the rods in and the lower part is where they fused L5 and S1 together, OUCH! He had some great bruising going on as well that freaked me out! Don't worry I didn't take a picture of it.
The first week he was home was rough but he has improved tremondously! He is walking a mile a day and today he got on the bike to test it out. He did wonderful! Still not able to lift no more than 5 lbs but in time we are hoping he will be back to his old self in a few months.
A week later after graduating we had an open house to honor my graduation and birthday. It was so fun to see family and friends. I had rented a bouncer for the kids to jump on outside and the weather couldn't have been any better! It really lifted both Jay and my spirits up to have a social gathering. We have become really anti-social and have realized that. So we have decided to change that and get out of the rut...
On May 27th: Madie at her kindergarten graduation with Mrs. Hershberger. She had an amazing teacher and will miss her dearly. Madie received the future Principal award... Hmm maybe because she is SO BOSSY? I couldn't help but laugh at that one. Fits her to a tea.
On the left is Madie's "twin" friend named Stella. These two gals were the only ones in their class to have the BLONDE hair. Madie loved her friends and really got along with the boys (gee I wonder why?) This is a shot with some of her favorite friends. She will miss them.
Brock and Madie at her Kinder graduation. I owe Brock big time since I missed her graduation. Jay had a doctor's appointment that followed up on his surgery so I needed to assist him. I was so torn and to this day feel like the biggest LOSER of a parent. Thanks Brock for being the surrogate parent!
I will say that this day is a day I will never forget to hear the progress on Jay's back, Madie graduating from Kindergarten, Brock finished strong his freshman year, and while I was waiting for the doc to see Jay. I received the magic call. Barabara Robey called me and it was music to my ears the principal said, "I would like to invite you to join our Barabara Robey family" I was so excited and said absolutely I would love too! I got off the phone and cried right there in the waiting office! Jay and I hugged and kissed while we waited and we didn't care who was around. I continued to follow up with the interviews that were set because you never know, and received 2 other offers but turned them down. It was so nice to pick the one you wanted and this one was perfect for me! You are looking at the new 3-5 grade resource teacher for Barbara Robey in the Litchfield school district, whoo hoo!!
3 comments:
That is so SWEET of Brock! Looks like your party was fun!
Wonderful! Congratulations on your new job! That is so exciting, and I'm sure you will be a terrific resource teacher.
It's nice to see an update on Jason's back, but I want to know what happened. Did he injure it, or did it just happen? Was he having lots of pain? How long is the recovery, and then what?
Keep filling me in! I'm trying to catch up, but I'm a little slow.
One more thing: I got to see Milee this week and she mentioned you. I told her about your graduation and she was really happy for you. I also told her about your blog, so hopefully she'll visit you online soon!
Post a Comment