Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day


OUR FATHERS



Our fathers toil with hands and heart

To make our lives complete.

They quietly brave the winter cold,

Endure the summer heat.



Our fathers' lives are busy, but

There's always time for us.

They boldly face the ups and downs

And seldom ever fuss.



Our fathers are the greatest dads.

We know you know this, too.

But thank you for the chance to share

Our love for them with you.



(c) by David A. Olds.
On the left side of the screen is a poem I found on the website this past weekend and couldn't help but think of my own dad. I feel like this fits him to a tea. So all the dad's out there you mean a lot to many people! Happy Father's day.
 
This Father's day in our sacrament services was very different. The bishopric was changed on Father's day! Jason was released because we are moving out of the ward and found out that our bishop is moving as well. We have mixed feelings of moving out of the ward, as usual. Great people in the Canyon Trails Ward! You will be missed!! At least we are in the same stake and we have facebook to stay in touch :) 

2 comments:

Candice said...

Seth was released from the bishopric a few weeks ago too. Bitter sweet feelings about it. Where are you moving too?

One another note I noticed that you commeted on someone's status on facebook and also my brother in law did too. Small world!

Rochelle said...

Hey! Where ya moving? I heard Bishop Monroe was unemployed, and now they're moving? I miss Canyon Trails ward!