Followers

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Close one!




We had a close call today without our house getting blown up, thanks to Brock! Brock did a service project and was dropped off at the house. Well we had locked the doors, knowing he didn't have his key I told him (by phone) that he would have to hang out in the backyard until we got home. The rest of us went to Surprise to see Drake play his football game. Well, I get a call from Brock telling me to hurry and get home because he couldn't open the side gate...so as a teenager, he thought I'll just stand on the GAS PIPE and jump over the gate. This kid is not light weight and apparently lost his marbles. He breaks the pipe and hears a shhhhhhh sound. My neighbor across the street hears it and saves him and our home by shutting off the gas.


I swear we have angels watching over our house. This isn't the only close call we have had... That is for another story.

Oh to finish the story, we get home 30 minutes later, I quickly call SWG and they immediately come out and fixed it, FREE OF CHARGE. Don't ask me why, I just feel blessed! By this experience we have learned a lesson!

2 comments:

Jill said...

thank you for not blowing up the neighborhood! Yay for angels watching over you.

Rochelle said...

Crazy kiddos! I'm glad everything turned out ok.