Followers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Thank goodness this week is over!

As usual I finish my work and head home. I stop and pick up Madie at extended day around 5:00 pm. I come home and start the dinner. I get a phone call around 6:30. Normally Jay calls me around 5:00 to check in... I don't think much cuz I figure its a stressful day at work and he had to stay a little later. Well when he calls me I know right away that something is wrong. He is being ambulance to a hospital. As he was getting off the highway, he was a stand still and he got rear ended. Well, with his back surgery and the nice whiplash he is in A LOT of pain... So I drop everything and have Drake in charge. I drive to the hospital and meet my husband. Good news, after the CAT scan the pins are all in tack and the bone structure looks good, phew! Needless to say, after a few days later he continues to be in further pain so he goes back to his primary doctor; she looks at the x-ray and we find out that he has a bulging disc in L4-L5 (just above his surgery). GREAT, this explains why he is in so much pain in his back and pain shooting down his leg. Oh, and he has a mild concussion... Merry Christmas dear, ugh!

We still have not heard from the appraiser to know how much damage there is on our new car. We did see the car and the bumper is scratched, hopefully that is the only thing. So on top of that with Jay's health, my students at work decide to have more meltdowns than usual, refuse to do work, and be disrespectful.  Well, I play it cool by playing along and also give them expectations on what is expected. On Thursday as I'm teaching my aide comes in my room to progress monitor them in their reading. I leave the room cuz there is activity out of the class that  is not normal. I go into the girls bathroom and find a boy in there, hiding in the handicap stall leaning up against the wall and the door slightly closed. I learn that he is a high school student that is very far from our middle school!  I tell him to come with me and we head up to the office and meet the principal not to far from the bathroom, where I found him. So with my good deed of looking out and following my gut feeling I received a "Rocket" from my principal. This is an honor to receive a rocket for going the extra mile and doing a good deed. So I'm flattered to finally get my name on the wall and showing my rocket on there!

 Let's just say I think from the weather change or having a full moon my kids acted up more than normal this week. I'm so glad I survived this week! Not to mention that I had two meetings related to church that I attended at night. I really had three but decided to not make it to the third because I wanted to be with my family, oh and Brock had a regular basketball game and then a tournament that started on Wednesday. Needless to say I was not able to make it to all of his games, and I LOVE WATCHING HIS GAMES! I wish I only had one week left of school before Christmas break but instead I get to work clear up until December 23rd! The teachers and students are NOT happy about that. I told my students to take it up to the school board. There are times I wish there are 3 of me, or to snap my fingers and I can be transported from one event to another just like that! Now, that would be wonderful (:

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Holy crap! I got tired and worn out just reading that! I hope things are getting better! Congrats on the rocket and holding it together with work! Poor Jay...I suffered a bulged disk this last january..I'm still experiencing sciatica! Its awful! I hope he heals quickly!

Candice said...

Hope everything gets better for you guys and Jason gets better soon too! You definitively are "Super Woman"!