Followers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

During our fall break....

Here it is nearly four weeks when we had our fall break and I'm just now getting around to it. I'm much better at responding to facebook than creating my blog.  Being a full time working mom really puts me to the test on time management and being organized. I thought I was pretty good on being organized but I'm not so sure these days... Anyhow, we all had a week off in October and decided it was time to head up north to see my side of the family. It was absolutely wonderful! WE ALL HAD IT BAD ABOUT NOT WANTING TO COME BACK TO AZ! Here are some of our highlights...

Conference Center in SLC...
We stopped here after spending a couple of day with my sister in Prove. It started to rain that day and we were loving every minute of it... Especially after having 100 degree weather still in October, UGH!

The awesome Harrison clan! Love these guys!!!


Hiked up to Stewart Falls... Its along the way to Timpangus hike

CLASSIC... I have lived in Rexburg my whole life and I don't recall this lovely scenery out in Plano...

While visiting my parents in Rexburg they treated us to Bear World. Always a highlight to see God's creatures... These bears look very friendly :)

Getting some wrestling action amongst these two right by our car.

Unique looking animals in Bear World. White Elk...

That's my babe!

The awesome hikers! The kids enjoy hanging out with their cousins... Especially playing Fugitive. That was an experience!  Drake almost got hit, then he got lost and almost got picked up by a police officer. It happened to be BYU's homecoming that night so traffic was hectic and some weird stuff was going on in the neighborhood as well. Glad to have my son with us!


I was trying to capture the fall colors in the background... I wish my camera did a better justice than what it does! Always much prettier LIVE than in pictures.


During our time in Idaho we walked the BYU Idaho campus... It sure doesn't feel or look like Ricks College anymore! Jay had Brock talk to the dean for some academic fields that they teach to help prepare Brock to know exactly what he wants to be when he grows up. That kind of back fired on Brock but made Jason want to go back to BYU Idaho... It was fun to have lunch with some girl friends back in high school and visit with them.  With the siblings and their kids we made a trip to the corn maze.  Had a blast until Drake lost his cell phone. ONLY IN ZION would it show up by an honest person finding it. He received it the next day and Madie lost her jacket at a store in Idaho Falls. I called the store and once again ONLY IN ZION would we be able to receive it. That is one thing we DO MISS... HONESTY!

No comments: