Followers

Friday, September 24, 2010

Coming up for air!

Since the beginning of September school has picked up. IEP's are due... now progress reports along with the grades. GOT TO LOVE THE PAPERWORK :)  Not to mention; learn the whole new curriculum, curriculum mapping, RTI meetings (galore), and my favorite the new grading technology that they threw in this year. I'm so glad this is my first year because the teachers are learning right with me so I don't feel left out. I LOVE what I'm doing! It definitally has its challenges at times and when I teach my social skills groups I literally feel like I'm teaching them a little part of the gospel. How to act kind towards each other and so forth. Once again, the spirit has born testimony of being greatful for the gospel principles! The life of a teacher... and to think Jay wants to do what I'm doing?

Things will get picking up even more once the boys start basketball season... Madie wants to join a sport club as well... there goes my Saturdays. I'm already counting down for the fall break and desperatly looking forward to our drive up to Idaho! Can not wait to enjoy seeing my family, cold weather, hopefully fall colors, and maybe some snow.

Tonight... Madie learned the hard way just like Jay and I when we were kids about getting motion sickness by spinning around too much. Yes the good old tire swing did it to us and to her. Poor thing, came home and went right to bed because her stomache hurt.  She now has two missing teeth in the front and looks like a beaver with the two big front teeth all by themselves.  The fun and yet ugly stage... Boys are loving school, girls, and growing more and more each day. Brock is 6'5 and Drake is nearly as tall as me now! Couldn't ask for anything less with two tall parents :) 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

we can't wait to see you!!! :) it's getting a little chilly up here - especially at night! brr!! :)

Sally said...

I'm so glad you love teaching! That would stink to finish school, get a job and then hate it! I'm sure you are a fabulous, patient, wonderful teacher!