It all started as the average morning ritual. Brock wakes up and gets ready for Seminary, I usually am awake getting ready for the day as well. Today I decided to not get ready, that I would workout after I take the kids to school. Brock heads off to Seminary from the car pool, I look in the kitchen and notice that his "project" for English is laying on the kitchen counter, knowing that it is due that day and that he will get penalized for not having it in on time. So I get Drake and Madie off to school and call Brock about him leaving his project. What do I do? Do I come and save the kid by being the helicopter mom or do I have him suffer the consequences. Well as you can tell I decided to save the kid and told him I would bring the project to him before school started. As I headed out to his school I'm 1/4 mile away from the school and the traffic is horrindous. The picture below tells all...I had to make a sudden stop in front of me with the long line of cars making sudden stops, the car behind me isn't paying attention and smacks right behind me. I still have her grill lodged in my bumper. Thank goodness no one was hurt! Four teenagers are in the other car and I'm thinking to myself its probably a teenager that hit me speeding so fast (as I remember back in the day) and found out its a parent who is not only taking the kids to school but also works at the school as well. To top it off its finals week so everyone is a bit stressed. I was quite impressed with myself by not getting upset and was calm about the whole thing. So here is my proof of what happend by being a helicopter mom.
A different angle to see the damage.
Close up of how my bumper sticks out a bit on the drivers side.
And yet, I still managed to get my pumpkin rolls baked that day. I did screw up on the recipe and have to start over because I forgot the sweet ingredient to make it taste good (sugar). That is what happens when I try to muti-task...talking on the phone to my sis and baking (not a good combination).
NEW STORY...
And now for the past 2 years we have been very anxious to see what our citrus trees would do and produce. This year is a success with our lemon tree!
Our only naval orange survived throughout the year. In the spring we had a ton starting and the buds fell off. We are new at this citrus growing stuff and haven't really done our homework. I guess that will be something that I will need to pick up (like I don't have enough to do already)...
Funny how little things like this get you so excited! They are almost ready to be picked!!
1 comment:
Oh! Your poor van! I'm glad no one was hurt. I called my mom all the time to bring stuff to school for me...so being a helicopter mom won't ruin your kid. :) Maybe he'll feel bad about the van and never forget anything ever again..here's to hoping right?
Post a Comment