This past week all of my kids had fall break and where I intern is fall break. So I decided to have some fun with them on the west side of the valley, when I didn't have college classes. On Wednesday we went to Peter Piper Pizza, ate until we were sick with the all you can eat buffet. The kids enjoyed playing air hockey all kinds of games to earn tickets for their prizes. The boys' spoiled Madie by letting her pick whatever she wanted while they only got one item. She couldn't ask for any better brothers' than them.
Then on Friday I gave into Drake's request since he has been begging to go to our favorite zoo the Wildlife Park for the past year. We used to go all the time until the prices have doubled. I used my $3.00 off coupon to save a grand total of $12.00. We had a great time and I could have stayed there longer but my feet and Madie were getting tired.
Madie loving every minute of the petting zoo. This Llama came right up to her.
The new exhibit is the aquarium. We stayed here forever and even fed the sting ray shrimp. Notice Madie's fingers, she was so good to follow the instructions. "Touch them with 2 fingers on the back. Avoid the eyes and the tail".
Drake finally getting a chance to pet the sting ray.
Another part of the aquatic building is touching baby sting rays, horseshoe crab, and star fish. This water was so clear my first thought was how is that alive without any water? (Time to get the ol'e eyes checked)
We also fed the giraffe's which is a highlight and saw all the little new baby tigers, and wild cats that is so famous at the zoo. The kids got to see in action just how Tortoise's reproduce. I've never seen land tortoise's get so much attention before! They also have a new ride (robbery) that is a log ride. I supported the zoo by going on the ride and we all had fun getting wet, accept Madie (she got a little scared at the end). I am preparing them to go on another trip to Disneyland in the future...
3 comments:
What a fun fall break!
Love that zoo! When we went I complained about the price to get in and my father in law said, "tell them you just want to see the animals, not buy them." I laughed!
What a fun zoo. Wish we had a good zoo here, it is getting better though!
Post a Comment