Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer events...

Here are two of my sisters...The oldest girl is Jolene and Shamae is closest to me in age.

My dear sweet parents. My mom is recovering from knee surgery and my dad is still pushing himself with the yard work and gardening. They are so good to keep an open house for everyone! I felt like my mom was running a boarding house.
I need to apologize by having so many pictures...as I was uploading these I thought I need to put this on a slide show. So next time I will do just that. What have we done this summer? Well, I cut 5 inches off because I just wanted a change. I'm very conservative so I didn't do too much of a drastic cut. It's the same style I had 16 years ago only my bangs are grown out.


My sister and I hiked 2.9 miles to get to this spot. It is called Inspiration point. I personally did not feel inspired, instead I was relieved to hike the 1/2 mile that was straight up and say I did it with a soaking wet back. It is gorgeous country in Targhee National Park. It is very therapeutic for me!



My sister Shamae and I made it to Hidden Falls! This was 2.5 miles to get to. The total hike was 6 miles and 3/4's of it was up hill. My calves were filling it. My body is not used to uphill since everything in the valley is flat.




Madie is such a trooper. She hiked the whole thing. We stopped to enjoy the scenery. Behind me is Jenny's Lake.





Here we are just about ready to hike it. Jay stayed behind because of his back.









My boys totally enjoying the older cousins or cousins their own age. I wish they could see more of them, instead of an annual event.



Okay...so we are jumping from our trip to Idaho to swimming. Madie's first year as a swimmer. She did really good and the coaches were REALLY patient with her. She is chilling for her next swim heat. Being on the swim team is a great activity throughout our summer. It starts in mid May and ends in mid July. Drake will be finishing up this week in the Individual finals.









This is so typical. We hang out and wait until the younger kids swim. The boys were really good sports about it and never complained. Sometimes I offer there service to be timers and ribbon helpers. Drake about died when he was the ribbon guy. He never did do it again. We enjoy sitting with the Stigsell's.









Madie, me, and Drake waiting for the ice cream social to begin. (Madie showing her true colors in every photo).














Warm up begins...Drake just finishing a couple of laps. I never did get a good shot with him in action. I need a better camera, he is so fast!






Brock in action! He has such long arms that we call him the windmill guy. His butterfly stroke is amazing, I swear his arm length is the whole width of the lane.











Go Madie!















Waiting for her turn to swim back stroke.
































3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Glad you had a good time in Idaho..I wish I could say the same. This whole experience is beyond stressful and its been absolutely miserable. I'm now in ST. G at a condo my Father in law paid for so that we could at least be a family again. Stupid bank, stupid economy...........

I think Maddie's swimming rocks!

andreamatrix said...

I'm sure Jolene loves that you pointed out the she is old....

Fun pictures. Love the haircut!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog, since I had lost track of yours! It's so much fun to see pictures. And next time you're around, feel free to stop by.

I love the haircut. I can't even tell you how badly I need to do that. But I hate not being able to pull it back in the summer when I'm running or hiking. So maybe this fall. You look totally cute though!