Followers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

TREK 2012

On June 6th I sent my sons off on Trek at 4:00 am. As a parent I was nervous and excited for them, hoping that they would have a memorable experience as well as a spiritual. On Saturday when we arrived to pick them up at the camp site we were able to welcome them into the "Salt Lake Valley". I can not express in words how my heart is full! Pictures do not describe my feelings... However I did take some and to see smiles, some crying when we cheered them in was very heart felt. Having my big boys come running to me and giving me big hugs meant the world to me! I can see a change in them and I hope it stays like that for longer than two weeks.
 Coming into "Salt Lake Valley" We as parents were suppose to sing "Come, Come Ye Saints" but we couldn't do it. We were so excited to see them that we hooped and hollered them in!

 Brock pulling the hardest part of the handcart... Drake did as well all day everyday!

 After it was said and done.
 The sisters they had in their families and enjoyed.
 Friends from the ward.
 Drake and his "new" brother from Trek.
 More friends from our Waddell ward.

From what I have heard it was the most strenuous physical labor job many people have ever done before. The women's pull was awful. Brock stepped in to help and he got yelled at. It was hard for him to see them struggle. As I asked them what was their favorite part they said Testimony meeting and the Hoedown dance. 


No comments: