Followers

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lighting the fire to be a homemaker again...


Our ward had  their Super Saturday event of different crafts and classes. Normally I sign up to do a craft and paint and what not... But in this case I chose to take a class to actually learn. It has been so long since I've canned pears and peaches that I took a refresher course for canning fruit... my attempt to can fruit slowly got lit on wanting to can.... Then my next class was to be "girlie" by making hair clips to accent your outfit.  What they made are so SIMPLE I knew I could do this. So this weekend I sat down and made a few hair clips for Madie and I to wear. I showed Madie what I made and she is cool with the flowers that have a purple or blue jewel in the middle. So I feel like this was a success!

As I was going through my left over material that I have had for years when I use to make my curtains is that I ran across some cross stitch patterns and material. This is such a lost art that I plan to teach my daughter how to cross stitch and how to sew a button.

No comments: