Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Go Lakers!

I'm doing it! I've always wanted to coach (besides church ball) and I'm doing it. I know that coaching is a big commitment and with the league short of 2 coaches I found this to be my opportunity.  So I filled out the application and the league is so happy that I volunteered. I did have to go to a very BORING training that was 3 hours long to watch a movie. Yes, I was the only lady there and the rest were men, oh well.

Saturday we had our first game and my team ROCKED! I'm so proud of my little 6-7 year olds. Madie did a great job and made 4 baskets. She and another girl are on the team, the rest are boys. I know I'm tooting my own horn but I just can't help it! This has been so fun for me! I've got great parents and when I ask for help they jump right in and help out!

GO LAKERS!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Good for you! I'm so proud of you for doing it, even though it's time consuming. I'm sure you'll be a terrific coach, Rochelle!