Followers

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sedona Trip

Highly recommend going on a rainy day to Sedona! Not as busy so the traffic was great!  The rain coming down was soft and warm, along with the lush green scenery and red rock!

I don't have a picture of this but when we pulled up to Slide Rock (mind you it was pouring down) a whole bunch of "Jacob look alikes" accept a bit not in shape was walking along in the parking lot. Being in the mountains, raining, and shirts off with levi short guys walking around - we all said, "Look there's Jacob!"

The boys were brave to go down the slide in that freezing cold water. Jay even went all the way under twice! That is a record!!!! Madie couldn't handle the cold... my brave daring girl wanted badly to go down slide rock but the water was too freaking cold. I couldn't bring myself either, but I did get in waste deep and took  pictures.




To and from Slide Rock path...

Just finished going on the slide...
bottom of the slide... no he didn't go down it.
I can't believe I'm even putting this picture in.

gorgeus scenery...

my main squeezes!

On our way home we decided to take the scenic route and traveled through Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, and coming through Wickenburg.  Lots of fun camping sites to go camping between Jerome and Prescott. Gorgeous scenery, winding roads, and lots of tarantulas walking on the road. I guess when it rains the spiders come out to get dry on the pavement. We stopped and pulled over to take a picture of this huge spider!

No Drake did not kill it, just petted it with his foot, yuck!

1 comment:

Sally said...

That looks like a lot of fun, except the spider part! Yuck! Haven't you taught your kids that spiders are good? Poor giant hairy thing.