Followers

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cali trip...

I'm not going to say the typical thing of being "busy" to keep this blog updated but I have found some time so here are some of the latest events we have done as a family. We continue to be on the go to support our kids events, schooling, church calling, and work.  We are still trying to find the balance of life for ourselves, kids, church, and work. If any of you have found it please pass that little secret over to us.

Jan. we celebrated Madie's 6th birthday and Brock's 15th.


Then in February we ended Brock's basketball season and started up baseball season.


Madie earned a certificate for reading 100 books and received a Copper Trails t-shirt. Drake also received an award for being a good Citizenship.

Then in March we took a must needed family vacation and visited Southern California. From FB I found out that my dear friend from high school would be at Disneyland the same time so we met up at Downtown Disney and had a wonderful chat. Of course they are always too short. Then over onto Sea World I ran into one of the teachers that I have worked with at Copper Trails and one of Madie's classmates. What a small world. We also recognized people from our old Peoria ward but couldn't remember their names so we didn't say anything to them.

Enjoying being out of the car and catching some rays from California's sun.

Coming back 5 years later for the kids to enjoy this fantasy park once again.

Loving the characters and Madie getting their autographs.

The fam with the famous Mickey Mouse

Caught her in action screaming in the phone showing her true colors.

After getting wet he will still give me loves...

San Diego has redone the Mormon Battalion museum and it is awesome! We moved from room to room pretending we were the pioneers going through this course. Awesome history and also felt the spirit. The missionaries are so sweet. I thought I would love a mission like this here or in Nauvoo when I get older.  The kids are outside pan handling gold and found the fake gold. It was fun!

Jay and I walked the pier while the boys stayed on the beach to make a sand castle and throw wet sand at each other.  This pelican would swoop right by your head. I thought he was about to take it off or something. We watched one of the fisherman catch a sting ray and through it back into the sea. We also watched another fisherman bait his net for lobster. Couldn't wait any longer to see if he caught his lobster it was getting cold.

The next stop was Sea World. I had to get a picture of the kids in front of the Great White Shark. My kids would be an easy kill for them and all three could fit into his jaws. Scary!

The last stop is heading out to sea on a mini cruise boat to go whale watching. It was fun to see dolphins, whales, and sea lions out in the wild. I didn't get any good shots of what we experienced so here is the Lighthouse off in the distance to show proof that we were at sea. Very different from Sea World. It was very peaceful being out in the water but I have to say I did get motion sickness with the waves. I don't know if I can handle a big cruise ship in June. I will have to buy some meds for it. I have forgotten how green and lush California is and everywhere else from Phoenix. It was wonderful to be there and I'm so happy to be home. Of course the kids got on each others nerves by being in cramped quarters. Now Jay and I are definitally ready to get away from kids. I know I am! I'm with kids 24/7 and not just my own. Don't get me wrong, I love kids but the nerves can only handle so much. I marvel at the moms who have 4-6 children. My hat goes off to you!! 

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I'm glad you fit in a getaway..you guys have been so busy. We hit up Sea World on the twelveth...
Good luck on a getaway with just you and your hubby now!

Sally said...

What a fun time! You make me want to grab everyone, jump in the car and head to Disneyland! Your blog is great advertisement for them! Have you thought of asking for a kickback?