Followers

Monday, March 2, 2009

The heat is on...

Okay who knows who sung that song from my title "The Heat is on"?... I'm not kidding about the heat turning up around here! We hit 90 degrees on March 2, come on! Other than the typical heat, my life has been turned up a notch...with school assignments (midterms), the regular church callings, and family needs. Last month we did something every weekend that pertained to serving the Lord. Now that is dedication, right? It looks like March will be like that too.

Don't get this the wrong way, I'm not complaining I have everything under control and am getting my school assignments done early so that I can focus on the right things which are family and church. I am so excited to be a part of girls camp again! When I got released a part of me was so very sad! I loved the girls I was serving with. I understand why I was released, hello a new ward and hubby is a bit busy these days and I'm in school.

On a side note, today I went to an IEP meeting to observe and I got emotional. As I was listening about all the health problems this child had for the first time I couldn't help but think of how the parent would react. I almost wanted to cry! It was a real eye opener for me! I kept thinking to myself "you can not get emotionally attached". Think as an educator and not a parent! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for my healthy kids. I feel spoiled to have them.

Stay cool everyone! Swimming is coming upon us very early this year! Which reminds me, that I need to get going if I'm serious about the triathlon in Litchfield next month, ouch!

1 comment:

Candice said...

I am so jealous about the heat. It was actually hailing today with lots of thunder! I am with you on the "busy" of callings and life in general!